Ten Reasons to Go Green by Biking
Spring is finally upon us and what better time to give your car a rest for the spring/summer and go green via bicycling? Still held back by winter laziness? We have ten reasons you won't be able to resist trading in highway traffic for the bike path.
1. Biking is an easy and convenient way to get in shape. Instead of making excuses for how you're too busy to work out, kill two birds with one stone by biking instead of driving. Were you planning to walk? Biking is faster!
2. Think of the money you'll save! As gas prices continue to soar you can easily save money by biking. You'll also save money by not having to make car-related payments, pay for public transportation, parking or a gym membership! (Don't forget: It's easier to find parking for a bicycle than a car)
3. Biking makes your happier: Unless you have serious anger issues against bicycling, biking can make you happier just from the extra fresh air and exercise you'll be getting (not to mention the happiness extended from the reasons listed above).
4. Biking has virtually no carbon footprint, the only thing greener would be walking while simultaneously planting trees and
5. No more sitting in traffic experiencing road rage and/or listening to painful radio commercials.
6. Biking will make you feel more self-satisfied and your lifestyle will feel (and be) more sustainable. Instead of blaming your bad day on traffic or a problems with the public transportation system you'll be more in control of how fast you get where you need to be.
7. You might meet the love of your life or new friends. It may seem like a long shot but you're obviously more likely to meet someone new under pleasant circumstances while biking rather than driving. (When was the last time you made a friend by exchanging insurance information?)
8. Biking reduces stress (see number 3). Need more stress-relief? Try some of these natural remedies.
9. You'll discover new places in your community you would have missed had you been in traffic or on the subway.
10. You'll get to spend more time outside enjoying the warm weather, not to mention feel more energized and be more productive.
Shop for eco-friendly bicycles and other green products in the World's largest Green Marketplace!
Images courtesy of Creative Commons.
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites