Written by Ronald Ho, Four Green Steps
Tuesday, 14 August 2012 07:53
#KindnessWeek -Easy Ways to Brighten Someone's Day
As you may know this week we are celebrating our first ever 'Unsolicited Acts of Kindness Week'. If you let us know any of the good deeds you do this week we will plant a tree in your honour, regardless of the size of your act of kindness. Running low on ideas? Here are some simple ways to make someone's day a little brighter:
Kind things that you can do to people you know:
- Leave a snack for an unsuspecting co-worker or friend.
- Give a friend your favorite inspirational book with a personal note attached
- Make a lunch for someone and slip a joke in it
- Help someone with a chore, unexpectedly
- Write a song, poem or note for a loved one
- Write a thank you note to a teacher who inspired you
Kind things that you can do to strangers and the neighbourhood
- Strike up a conversation to someone who looks like he/she needs a friend
- Create 5 cards with positive message
- Donate your clothes, furniture to charity
- Offer the homeless some food or drinks
- Tell a public service employee how important they are
- Stand and listen to the full song performed by a street musician
Tweet your good deeds to us over Twitter @FourGreenSteps or by using the hashtag #kindnessweek.
Image courtesy of Creative Commons.
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites