Written by Melanie Kozlan, Four Green Steps
Thursday, 21 July 2011 00:00
Green Tip: Make Your Own Toothpaste
Here's a fun way to avoid the chemicals and artificial sweeteners in regular toothpaste: Make your own! Not only is it better for you but it will also save you money, as well as save toothpaste tubes from littering overcrowded landfills. It might sound crazy but is actually incredibly easy and quick to make!
In an airtight container mix together:
- 3 drops of peppermint oil
- 3 tablespoons of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of glycerin (available at most drugstores)
- 2 teaspoons of salt
*Not a fan of peppermint? Substitute cinnamon, or combine the two for a unique flavor.
Other Green tips for brushing your teeth:
- Choose a toothbrush made from recycled material.
- Don't let the water run or waste more water than you need.
Connect with Four Green Steps on Facebook & Twitter!
Shop eco-friendly products in our Green marketplace
Image courtesy of Creative Commons.
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites