Written by Four Green Steps
Friday, 26 October 2012 08:49
Love Blogging About the Planet? Write for Us!
Interested in writing for Four Green Steps? We are always looking for new writers who want to add experience to their portfolio and who are interested in environmental journalism and natural health and medicine.
Here are a few guidelines to get you started:
- Make sure the topic you want to write about is relevant to our readers’ interests. We welcome submissions about the environment, sustainability, and corporate responsibility. We also love getting submissions about organic or natural living, as well as vegan or vegetarian recipes.
- Always do a quick search on our site to check if the topic you want to write about has already been explored by our other writers. If it has, we encourage you to bring some fresh perspective to the table and write about the topic from a different angle.
- Try to keep your submissions fairly short (600 words max). Needless to say, all submissions must be unique and must not have been published on other blogs or websites. All submissions must be original and any references made to other sources must be properly credited.
- Keep in mind that we have a huge variety of readers from different countries and age groups, so make sure your submission is relatively easy to read and appeals to a wide audience. Read some of our articles to get a better idea of the kind of writing style we’re looking for.
- A link to a related image that is free for use for commercial purposes should be submitted with each article. Please check the Creative Commons license on images before submitting their links.
- Once your article has been published on the Four Green Steps site, we encourage you to periodically visit the pages the article was published on to follow up on our readers’ questions and comments. Be sure to look out for activity on your articles in our social media pages as well, as we may also share your submission in our social networks.
We are always looking for articles in various environmental topics, including but not limited to:
- Sustainable development
- Corporate responsibility
- Environmental policy
- Nature conservation, fisheries and wildlife
- Technological innovation using green principles
- Environmental risk management, life cycle analysis
- Natural resources
- Climate change
- Air and water quality
- Waste management
- Environmental health and safety
- Natural/organic beauty, health and wellness tips
- DIY project ideas for greener living at home
- Tips for celebrating seasonal holidays in an eco-friendly way
Send a short pitch of your article idea to email@example.com with a link to your website or blog if you have one. Please remember that we maintain the right not to publish your work if we feel that it is not relevant to our website or if it is not appropriate for our audiences.
Good luck and happy writing!
Image courtesy of Mike Licht, NotionsCapital.com
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites