Written by Madiha Boolani, Four Green Steps
Friday, 24 August 2012 00:00
Tips to Relieve Back to School Stress!
Back to school is an incredibly stressful time for both students and parents. Most kids face the anxiety of either starting school or starting the new school year. Follow the tips below to make this time stress free for both you and your child.
Image courtesy of Creative Commons.
- Get in routine: Say goodbye to late nights and sleeping in till the afternoon! Get your kids back in to the habit of sleeping and waking up early. Doing so would prevent them from being sleep deprived and grouchy on the first day of school.
- Plan a visit: Visit the new school with your child so they can meet the teachers, familiarize themselves with their new surroundings and get rid of the uneasiness of going to a new place.
- Get the kids involved: Set up a routine for your kids and allow them to participate in discussions on after school snacks, activities and homework time.
- Decrease screen time: Control the amount of time your kids spend in front of the television and the computer unless it’s for homework.
- Homework area: Allot a specific area of the house for homework. Let your kids design and decorate this area themselves so they feel more comfortable with the area and are well engaged in the back to school process.
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites