America Recycles Day!
Today marks 'America Recycles Day' in the U.S.A. but recycling is something everyone can and should do. The biggest difficulty most people have with recycling is not knowing what to recycle or limiting their recycling to cans and paper. A huge part of recycling is being able to repurpose anything old into something new: finding creative ways to reuse everything and knowing where you can recycle anything else. Here are some helpful hints to make recycling easier than ever:
1. Recycling doesn't just mean throwing your stuff on the curb Tuesday mornings, if you have stuff you don't want anymore see if you can give it to a friend or a charity. Check out old book stores, the Salvation Army and sites like Freecycle and Craigslist.
2. Can't recycle old food? See if you can compost it! Check out our Composting 101, everything you need to know to start your own compost.
3. Don't know what to do with old electronics and appliances? Send it to us! We are happy to recycle your e-waste free of charge!
4. You can recycle used coffee grinds by adding them to your beauty routine or garden, check out these fun ways to reuse coffee grinds.
5. Just because something is passed it's best-before date doesn't mean it can't be used in new ways- check out 6 ways to rehabilitate old food.
What are some creative ways you recycle? Share your tips in the comments!
Image courtesy of Creative Commons.
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites