Buffalo Tofu "Wings"
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- 12 ounce block of extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon "chicken style" boullion granules
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup plain, unsweetened soy milk
- 1/2 cup cayenne pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- Slice tofu block into 6 slices. Lay flat onto a clean kitchen towel on counter. Fold towel over so the slices are completely covered. Lay cookie sheet over and place a weight over them. I use several dinner plates. This is the easiest method for pressing the tofu.
- Meanwhile, combine the dry ingredients into a shallow bowl. After the tofu has pressed for 30 minutes, cut each slice in half. You should have 12 "wings".
- Dip each slice in soymilk and then the breading mixture and set on a plate. When they are coated, place them in a hot frying pan with the canola oil.
- Fry until all sides are crispy. Pour in the margarine and hot sauce mixture into the frying pan. Serve with a vegan dressing.
Image courtesy of Creative Commons.
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites