- 2 large eggs (or egg substitute)
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/3 c flax seed meal
- 1/3 c flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 c soymilk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups pitted fresh cherries, halved
- 1 tbsp sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Pit and halve cherries. If sour, sprinkle with 1 tbsp of sugar, and set aside.
- In bowl, whisk eggs and sugar.
- Add flax seed meal, flour, and baking powder, and whisk well.
- Slowly add in milk, whisking constantly, until smooth batter forms.
- Stir in extracts.
- Place cherries in the bottom of a greased 8" cake pan.
- Pour batter over top, and place into oven.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until edges start to brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Source: 28 Cooks
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites