Best Healthy Vegan Indian Naan (Or Garlic Naan)!
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup plain soymilk
- 1 cup vegan sour cream
- 1/4 cup garlic, finely chopped (optional)
- Mix together flour, baking powder,salt, cumin and corriander in a lerge mixing bowl.
- Stir in the soy milk and vegan sour cream, then knead it in the bowl till it holds together well, adding more flour if necessary.
- Place on a floured surface and continue kneading for about 5 to 10 minutes till the dough feels smooth and elastic.
- Form the dough into a ball and put it in a non-stick bowl, covered with a towel, to rest for an hour or longer.
- Take the dough out and cut it into 12 equal pieces.
- Form each into a ball and press the balls flat into round discs.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan or griddle on medium heat.
- Take 1 piece of dough at a time and roll it out on a floured surface till it is about 8-10 inches across and less than 1/4 inch thick.
- Lay it on the hot griddle and cook it over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until it puffs up and some blackish-brown spots apear.
- Serve hot.
- To reheat, wrap them in aluminum foil, in packets of 5 or 6 breads (or less) and bake (in pre-heated oven) at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
Recipe Courtesy of: