Garden Fresh Salsa
- 5-6 tomatoes depending on size
- 1 green pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed with a garlic press
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 banana pepper
- 1-2 limes, juiced
- 1 half package of taco seasoning
- garlic salt to taste
- Chop up the tomatoes into small diced pieces and place in a colander with garlic salt sprinkled over the top to drain while chopping everything else.
- Chop up the peppers and onion and place in large mixing bowl.
- Crush the cloves of garlic with a press and mix into the onions and peppers.
- Sprinkle a bit of the taco seasoning over everything in the bowl and mix.
- Juice a lime or two for at least a tablespoon and a half.
- Start mixing the tomatoes in a little at a time, sprinkle with taco seasoning as you go along until you have the flavor you like.
- Drizzle the lime juice over the mixture and combine.
- Add more seasoning to taste.
Source: Crafting a Green World
Image courtesy of Creative Commons.
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites