Itty Bitty Garlic Pumpkin Knots
- 1/2 cup very warm water
- 2 tsp instant dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tsp dried herbs
- 1 & 3/4 cups unbleached bread flour
Herbed garlic spread w/ Parmesan cheese:
- 2-3 tbsp Earth Balance, melted
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp vegan parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, mix together your dry ingredients (flour, salt, yeast, dried herbs). In a smaller bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (syrup, pumpkin, olive oil).
- Once those are mixed quickly add in your very warm water and mix well. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir well. When the mixture becomes too dry to stir, place the dough onto a floured surface and knead it for 2-3 minutes until it comes together into a ball.
- You will need to add quite a bit of flour since the dough is quite sticky from the pumpkin. When the dough is no longer tacky to touch (but not dried out), place it into an oiled bowl with olive oil and gently cover the dough in oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a damp towel and let it rise for 2 hours.
- After 1 and a half hours, grab your pizza stone if you have one, and preheat it in the oven at 450F. If you don’t have a pizza stone, grab a baking sheet and line it with a non-stick mat or parchment. If you are using a pizza stone, grab a Peel and sprinkle on cornmeal.
- After 2 hours, take your dough, punch out the air, and lay it on a floured surface. Gently press it out so that it forms a small rectangle and then take a pizza roller and cut strips approx. 1/2-3/4” width by 6-8 inches in length. You can make them any size you want though! Grab a strip and make it into a knot. You can tuck the ends back into the centre or leave them hanging.
- Place the knots onto the Peel OR onto the baking sheet. Once you have all your knots made, place into the oven at 450F for about 11-12 minutes until slightly golden on the top. Spread on the herbed garlic spread with a pastry brush or add all ingredients into a bowl and toss. Serve immediately.
Source: Oh She Glows
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites