Watermelon, Tomato, & Basil Skewers
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 small seedless watermelon, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 32 small basil leaves (I used large basil leaves and tore them)
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- toothpicks or small skewers (I used bamboo picks)
- Combine the balsamic vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool.
- Starting with the tomato half, push the tomato onto the skewer. Then skewer a basil leaf, then a watermelon cube. Continue doing the same until you have the desired # of skewers complete (approx. 32)
- Drizzle the skewers with the reserved balsamic syrup and then the olive oil. Sprinkle with coarse salt. Serve immediately.
Source: The Fresh Fridge
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites