Agua de Sandia -Mexican Watermelon Water
- 1/4 fresh watermelon ( with rind weight 2.5 lb. or 1.13 kilo - without rind 1.1 lb. or 500 grams)
- 3 cups or 750 ml cold water
- The juice from 1 large lime
- 3 Tbs. granulated white sugar ( adjust to your taste)
- Large Pitcher
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Remove the rind and cut watermelon into cubes. Taste the watermelon to see how sweet it is and to get an idea of how much sugar you will need.
- Place the watermelon in a blender with half the water ( if you have a small blender you may need to do this in batches.) Blend the watermelon until it has completely broken down including the seeds if there are any. Or if you are concerned about the black seeds you can try to pick them out beforehand.
- Pour the juice of 1 large lemon and the sugar into the pitcher, then place the strainer on top. Gently pour the watermelon water into the pitcher passing it through the strainer.
- Then add the rest of the water to the pitcher and stir until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- It's best to allow the water to sit a bit before you serve it , so place inside the refrigerator or cover and leave on the counter for at least 30 minutes. When you are ready to server you can add a couple of ice cubes to each glass or just serve and enjoy.
Source: Spicie Foodie
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites