- 1 cup + 3/4 cup of whole grain spelt flour
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon + 1/4 tsp ground ginger + 1/4 tsp nutmeg OR 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 4 small bananas or 3.5 medium ones
- 2 tbsp coconut butter (Warmed slightly)
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup pure Canadian maple syrup
- 6-8 Cherries, pitted and chopped, for garnish
- unsweetened coconut, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Take the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt, spices, chia seeds) and whisk in a large bowl.
- In a small cup, place 2 tbsp of coconut butter in the microwave for just 10-15 seconds to warm. In a medium sized bowl, add the wet ingredients (banana, coconut butter, maple syrup, sunflower oil), reserving 1 small banana or 1/2 a medium banana for later, and mix very well, making sure to break up the clumps of coconut butter.
- Now take the banana you set aside and chop into 1 inch chunks. Stir into the wet ingredients. Now add the wet to the dry ingredients and stir until the flour is incorporated. Try not to overmix as spelt flour can become tough with too much mixing. Pour the batter into a pre-greased loaf pan.
- Take your pitted and chopped cherries and add them on top. Sprinkle with shredded coconut. Bake for approx. 45 to 60 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 15 minutes before serving.
Source: Oh She Glows