For 8 pastries:
- 10 sheets of phyllo dough
- 2 apples, peeled and diced
- 1/4 C walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 4 Tbs Earth Balance margarine, melted
- 4-oz Tofutti cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375. Combine apples, walnuts, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl. Whip the cream cheese and lemon juice in a food processor; transfer to a small bowl.
- Take 5 sheets of the phyllo and cut into fourths.
- To make the pastries, brush the top layer with the melted Earth Balance, a large spoonful of cream cheese, then some apple mixture.
- Roll into a log and transfer to a baking sheet lined with lightly greased foil; brush with margarine.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the pastries are golden brown. Enjoy!
Source: Epicurean Vegan
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites