Grilled Chili Sweet Potatoes
- ½ a sweet potato for every serving you want to cook
- Olive oil (enough to brush all of the sweet potato slices)
- Chili powder
- Onion salt
- Alternatively, you could use rosemary, thyme, and garlic salt rather than the spices listed above.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into long 1/3-inch-thick slices. Brush them with olive oil, then sprinkle with the chili powder and onion salt. Don’t be shy with the spices!
- Stick the sweet potato slices on a grill over medium heat. Be careful, because these slices seem to be the perfect size for slipping right between the bars on the grill. When they start to turn black around the edges, check the bottom. If you can see grill marks on it, it’s ready to flip. Cook the other side until grill marks appear.
- Savory sweet potatoes have a hearty, meaty flavor and are best paired with dry light- to medium-bodied red wines, like Merlot, Shiraz, Grenache, or my personal favorite, Pinot Noir.
Source: The Fresh Fridge
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites