Hearty Mushroom Soup
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp coriander seed
- 1/2 tsp cumin seed
- 1/2 tsp mustard seed
- 1 1/2 pounds of assorted mushrooms, chopped (I used a combination of baby bellas, oyster, and white button)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 quart of vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan. Saute shallots and garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add coriander, cumin, and mustard seeds and saute for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms, salt to taste, cover with lid, and saute for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mushrooms should be semi-tender.
- Add Worcestershire, vegetable stock, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Process two-thirds of the soup in a blender or pulse for a few minutes with the immersion blender.
- Add fresh parsley, stir well, and serve.
To make parmesan crisps, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Place tablespoons of freshly shredded parmesan cheese on sheet and press down. Sprinkle with freshly-cracked peppercorns, toasted cumin seed, or other spice blends. Bake 5-10 minutes until crispy. Cool.
Source: 28 Cooks
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites