Homemade Black Bean Burgers
What do we need:
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 onion, cut into wedges
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 egg, beated
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Thai chili sauce or hot sauce
- 1/2-2 cups bread crumbs
Source: back to her roots
- Smash black beans with a fork until they make a thick paste (we like to keep a few bean chunks).
- Add bell peppers, onion and garlic in a food processor and pulse until chopped finely, it will be watery/pastey.
- Mix into beans as well as remaining ingredients.
- You may need to add more or less breadcrumbs depending on humidity, water content of peppers, etc.
- Start with 1/2 cup and add 1/2 cup at a time until texture will hold together well.
- Form into patties. Makes 8 patties.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or grill on an oiled grill for 5 minutes per side.
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites