Mushroom Miso Soup
- 1 1/2 cups baby bella mushrooms (or other mushrooms of choice), stems trimmed, and thinly sliced
- 2 t. safflower oil
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 T. garlic, minced
- 1 T. ginger, minced
- 4 cups water or vegetable stock
- 2 cups Swiss chard leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 T. red miso (or other miso of choice)
- 1 T. toasted sesame oil
- 2 T. sesame seeds
- In a large saucepan, saute the mushrooms in the safflower oil for 3 minutes.
- Add the green onion, garlic, and ginger, and saute an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the water and Swiss chard and stir well to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, and allow to boil for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the miso and a little of the cooking liquid from the saucepan.
- Add the miso mixture and toasted sesame oil to the pot, stir well to combine, and remove the soup from the heat.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over individual servings.
Source: Vegan Chef
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites