Quinoa and Spring Vegetable Tabouli Salad
- 3 cups water
- 1 tea bag of mint tea of choice
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 T. dried Italian seasoning herb blend
- 1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 t. lemon pepper
- 2 cups cucumber, peeled, deseeded, and diced
- 2 cups tomatoes, deseeded, and diced
- 1 1/2 cups green pepper, destemmed, deseeded, and diced
- 3/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup radishes, quartered lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped mint
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water and tea bag to a boil.
- Add the quinoa, cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain off any of the remaining water from the quinoa and discard the tea bag.
- Transfer the cooked quinoa to a bowl and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, Italian herb blend, salt, garlic powder, lemon pepper, and black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the cooled quinoa and toss gently to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss gently to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings, as needed.
- Cover and chill for 30-60 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
Source: Vegan Chef
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites