Spicy Sugared Almonds
What do we need:
- 2 1/2 cups unsalted almonds
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread almonds on a cookie sheet and bake, monitoring closely for 10 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
- In the meantime, mix honey, water and olive oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Once almonds are toasted, mix with honey mixture until all almonds are coated.
- Toss with sugar mixture.
- Spread on parchment or foil to cool and dry.
Source: Back to her roots
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites