Very Veggie Pineapple “Fried” Rice
- 1 ½ cups uncooked Brown Rice
- 1 cup fresh Pineapple-cubed
- 1 cup Asparagus tips
- ½ a medium Vidalia Onion-sliced
- 2 cups Broccoli florets
- ½ cup of frozen Peas-thawed
- 2 buds of Bok Choy
- 1 cup Napa Cabbage-chopped
- ½ cup Carrot-cubed
- ½ cup raw unsalted Cashews
- 5-6 Fresh Basil Leaves-chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh Ginger-Minced
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 5 tablespoons low sodium Tamari
- 1 teaspoon Agave Nectar
- ½ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Fill a pot that has a tight fitting lid with rice and 3 cups of water. Bring to boil, cover and simmer over a low heat for 40-50 minutes.
- In a large wok, heat olive oil. Sauté broccoli and carrots over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes until they begin to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Add onion and bok choy and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cabbage, peas, asparagus, ginger and 2 tablespoons of tamari and sauté on high heat for an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pineapple and cashews and sauté for anther 3-5 minutes or until all veggies are heated through.
- Lower heat and add cooked rice, basil, red pepper flakes, sesame oil, additional 3 tablespoons of tamari and agave. Toss to combine and allow flavors to marry over low heat for 1-2 minutes before serving.
Image courtesy of Creative Commons.
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites