Baked Apple Dumplings
- 2 small apples – cored and paired
- 1 ready made pie crust
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3-4 drops red food coloring
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Using a bowl about 6 inches in diameter, cut out 2 circles from the pie crust and put an apple in the center of the circle and gently pull up the dough around the apple as close to the top as possible. You may need to make a small circle out of dough to finish the top. To do that – moisten both pieces and seam them together. Then use extra dough to shape leaves and stem.
- Set each covered apple on a 8″x8″ (with at least a 2″ depth) baking dish and set aside.
- To create syrup mix remaining ingredients EXCEPT the butter into a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and then add butter and mix well. Let cool. Then pour the syrup over the apples and bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
Source: The Fresh Fridge
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites