Ebony and Ivory Brownies
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (8 oz) butter
- 2 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 ¼ cups cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup (unbleached) all purpose flour
- 1 pkg chocolate chips, any variety (I prefer white!)
How To Do It
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch pan. (I lined mine with parchment).
- In a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, or in a saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter then add the sugar and stir to combine. Return the mixture to the heat (or microwave for 1 minute) and heat until mixture is very hot but not bubbling; it’ll become shiny looking as you stir it. Heating the butter and sugar a second time will dissolve more of the sugar, which will yield a shiny top crust on your brownies.
- Stir in the cocoa, salt, baking powder and vanilla. Add the eggs, beating till smooth; then add the flour and chocolate chips, stirring until combined. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the brownies for 25 minutes. The tops will be shiny, and though a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center may come out all fudgey - they're ready!
- Cool completely - which will allow them to harden into a fudge - then cut and serve.
- Eat and thoroughly enjoy!
Source: The Bacon Eating Jewish Vegetarian
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites