Super-Charge Me! Cookies
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2/3 cup spelt flour
- 1/4 tsp (rounded) sea salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 –1/3 cup raisins or chopped dried fruit
- 3–4 tbsp carob or chocolate chips (optional; or use more dried fruit, nuts, or seeds)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup flax meal (not flax seed)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp almond butter (may use cashew, peanut, hemp seed butter)
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp organic canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, combine oats, flour, salt, cinnamon, coconut, raisins, and carob or chocolate chips, sift in baking powder, and stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flax meal, syrup, almond butter, and vanilla and stir until well combined. Stir in oil.
- Add wet mixture to dry, and stir until just well combined (do not overmix).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon batter onto baking sheet evenly space apart, and lightly flatten.
- Bake for 13 minutes (no longer, or they will dry out).
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 1 minute (no longer), then transfer to a cooling rack.
Source: Vive Le Vegan
Image courtesy of Creative Commons.
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites