- 2 tubs of tofutti cream cheese (I buy this at Jawads)
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 package of hobnobs, or graham crackers
- ½ cup earth balance butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- Completely crush the hobnobs, or the graham crackers, and combine with ½ cup of melted earth balance vegan butter and 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- Press into pie sheet sprayed with cooking oil and place in the freezer for one hour.
- Combine tofutti cream cheese, lemon juice, corn starch and sugar and pour into frozen pie crust.
- Bake a 350 degree F for one hour, or until a knife inserted into the centre of the pie comes back clean.
- Let the pie come back to room temperature after taking it out of the oven and afterwards keep it stored in the fridge.
For the Chocolate Cheesecake:
When the pie has completely cooled cover it in dark chocolate shavings
For the Royal Fig and Balsamic Drizzle Cheesecake:
Take one large jar of royal fig spread and melt it on low heat in a saucepan until it is completely softened. When the pie is cool pour the melted royal fig spread onto the cheesecake and place back into the refrigerator. When the fig spread has hardened drizzle the entire pie with a balsamic vinegar reduction and place back in the fridge.
Source: The Voracious Vegan
Image courtesy of Creative Commons.
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites