Candied Ginger Recipe
- 3 cups fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into thin discs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Place ginger in the pot and simmer for 10 minutes. Discard the water (or reserve it for a hot toddy) and rinse ginger under cool water.
- Place two cups of water and two cups of sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar.
- Add ginger to the sugar water and simmer on low heat for 1-1 ½ hours. Remove from heat and strain.
- Carefully move the ginger to a rack and sprinkle with sugar. Let them dry for 8-10 hours in a cool dry place, turning them halfway through.
Store in a sealed container.
Source: Munchin With Munchkin
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites