Chocolate Chip Cookies
What do we need:
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup natural sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375˚
- Beat together room temperature butter with sugars until sugar is blended and mixture is fluffy.
- Add vanilla, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and egg-continue to beat until everything is well incorporated.
- Add flour and mix until dough comes together and everything is well incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookies onto a cookie tray lined with parchment paper.
- I used an ice cream scoop so I would have large cookies.
- Flatten slightly and bake for about 12 minutes or until edges are lightly brown.
- Any longer than this and the cookie will have tough edges.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes on tray and then move to cooling rack.
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites