Glazed Chocolate-Avocado Cupcakes
- 1-1/2 C flour
- 3/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 C pure maple syrup
- 3/4 C plain soy milk
- 1/3 C canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 block soft silken tofu, drained and patted dry
- 3 Tbs pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- To make the cupcakes, preheat oven to 350. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Puree the avocado in a food processor until smooth. Add the maple syrup, almond milk, oil, and vanilla; blend until creamy. Whisk into flour mixture.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- To make the glaze, blend the tofu, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt in the food processor. Add the melted chocolate and blend thoroughly.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Dip the tops of the cupcakes into the glaze, pulling up straight to form peaks. Enjoy!
Source: Epicurean Vegan
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites