- Petite doughnut pan
- 1 C all purpose flour
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 a teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 C soy milk
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Egg substitute for 1 egg
- 4 Tbs Earth Balance margarine
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon with a whisk and mix thoroughly.
- Combine soy milk, apple cider vinegar, vanilla, egg substitute, and margarine in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and mix well until margarine is melted. It shouldn’t get too hot, just slightly warm.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. It should form a very soft dough or thick batter.
- Using a tablespoon measure, scoop out the dough into the greased, nonstick mini-doughnut pan Smooth out the top of the doughnuts with your finger, clearing off the post in the middle of each one.
- Bake for 12 minutes until the doughnuts are almost browned on top and a toothpick comes out clean. Invert the pan over a cutting board or cooling rack to release the doughnuts. Allow to cool completely before decorating (unless you’re making powdered sugar ones; see below) Makes about 20-22 doughnuts.
- Chocolate-dipped doughnuts: Melt 1 bar of your favorite dark chocolate in the microwave. Dip the pretty top side of the doughnut in the chocolate and place on a rack. Top with sprinkles. Powdered Sugar doughnuts: While doughnuts are still warm from the oven, roll them in a bowl of powdered sugar.
- You can also whisk some powdered sugar and soy milk together to reach a desired consistency and glaze the doughnuts. Enjoy!
Source: Epicurean Vegan
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites