- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 c chopped red onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Knorr Chipotle Bouillon cubes*
- 1 c red bell pepper, diced
- 1 c yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 (20 oz) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) pkg baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 (10 oz) pkg frozen okra
- 1 (15 oz) can black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- 1/4 tsp liquid smoke
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan.
- Meanwhile, take okra out of freezer, unwrap, and allow to sit on counter during preparation to start thawing.
- In pan, saute onion, garlic, and crumbled boiullon cubes for a few minutes until onion starts to become tender.
- Add peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, thyme, basil, and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Add okra, black eyed peas, and rice and return to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer. Cook for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat, and add Tabasco and liquid smoke.
*If unable to find Knorr Chipotle Bouillon cubes in your area, then substitute 1-2 well-minced canned chipotle peppers.
Source: 28 Cooks
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites