Harvest Wild Rice Salad
- 1 cup wild rice or mixed rice
- 3 small stalks celery
- 3 oranges (navel if possible)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- White wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the rice according to the package directions (we used mixed rice, which we boiled with 2 cups water and then simmered for 30 minutes).
- Meanwhile, slice the celery. Chop the walnuts. With two of the oranges, remove the peel, section, and chop. Remove the seeds from the pomegranate.
- Juice the other orange. In a small bowl, mix with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- When the rice is cooked, fluff it and let it cool for several minutes. In a medium bowl, mix with celery, oranges and dressing.
- Add a few splashes of white wine vinegar to taste, and season with salt and pepper. Top with pomegranate seeds and walnuts to serve.
Source: A Couple Cooks
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites