Potato Salad with Chile-Cumin Vinaigrette
- 5 cups red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 green onions
- 3 tbsp red onion, diced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 dried thai chiles
- 1/2 c fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 jalapeno
- 1 tsp minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 c olive oil 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potato pieces into a large saucepan and cover with water. Add 1 tsp of salt. Bring water to a boil, and boil about 8 minutes. Potatoes should be tender when pierced with a skewer. Drain pot, and place potatoes into large bowl. Add green and red onion.
- Vinaigrette - place cumin seeds in a small skillet. Over high heat, toast 2 minutes, until seeds are fragrant and brown. Allow to cool, and grind in a mortar and pestle. In food processor, combine cumin, chilies, cilantro, jalapeno, onion, garlic, and rice vinegar. Process until all ingredients are well minced. With motor running, slowly add olive oil until dressing is emulsified.
- Pour vinaigrette over potatoes and stir to coat. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Source: 28 Cooks
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites