Sweet Potato and Quinoa Salad
What do we need:
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/2 cup quinoa (I used red but any other color is fine)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup feta
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425˚.
- Peel and dice sweet potato into 1/2" cubes.
- Toss with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 24-35 minutes until sweet potatoes and tender and just beginning to brown.
- While the sweet potato is in the oven, rinse quinoa and place in a pot with the measure water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and let cook for 15 minutes.
- Once sweet potato is roasted and quinoa is done, julienne the basil and combine with feta.
- Toss everything together and stir in the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Top with a pinch more of basil.
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites