Chickpea Burgers with “Ricotta” Sauce
- 1-15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 C chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp Ancho chili powder
- Black pepper
- 2 tsp egg-replacer powder + 2-1/2 Tbs water
- 1/4 C +2 Tbs panko or regular bread crumbs
- 1/3 C ricotta
- 2 Tbs plain nondairy yogurt
- Whole wheat buns
- Cucumber, sliced
- Tomato, sliced
- Spinach leaves
- Place the top oven rack 8-10 inches from the broiler heat. Preheat oven broiler to high. In a small bowl, whisk together egg-replacer powder and water; set aside. In a large bowl mash the chickpeas a little with a fork; add the parsley, garlic, and spices; season with black pepper.
- Stir in the egg-replacer and 2 Tbs of the panko or bread crumbs. Pour remaining bread crumbs onto a plate and prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray. As you shape into 3 (or 4) patties, dredge them in the bread crumbs and place onto the baking sheet.
- Broil for 4-5 minutes per side. Meanwhile, combine the ricotta and yogurt in a food processor or blender.
- Serve burgers on the buns with the ricotta sauce, tomato, spinach, and cucumber. Enjoy!
Source: Epicurean Vegan
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites