Hearty Vegetable Soup with Orzo
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cups zucchini, chopped
- 3 cups baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes with italian seasoning
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup orzo
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp lemon thyme leaves, minced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups kale leaves, stemmed and chopped
- Heat up olive oil in large saucepan. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add onion and zucchini, sprinkle with a pinch of salt, cover and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, replace cover, and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Add orzo, lower heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until orzo is tender.
- Stir in pepper flakes, thyme, balsamic vinegar, and kale, and simmer for an additional minute.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Source: 28 Cooks
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites