Vegan Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 can pure pumpkin or fresh pumpkin
- 1 cup hemp or soy milk
- 1 TSP nutmeg
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 carrot (peeled and chopped)
- Prepare all vegetables (wash,peel, chop)
- Saute garlic and onions in olive oil on medium temperature until onions become clear.
- Add pumpkin and carrot, stirring and letting ingredients simmer together.
- Turn down heat and add milk alternative and spice.
- Transfer to blender or food processor to grind ingredients into a soupy texture. Pour back into soup pot to reheat and add additional spice if neccary.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and pumpkin seeds.
Image courtesy of Creative Commons.
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites