Quinoa with Goat Cheese, Basil & Broccoli
- 1 cup uncooked white quinoa
- 1½ cups water
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese (or more, to taste)
- 1/3 cup sour cream (low fat or 5% will do the trick)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
Source: The Bacon Eating Jewish Vegetarian
- In a fine sieve, rinse quinoa well under cool water (this step is unnecessary if you've purchased already-rinsed quinoa). Combine quinoa, water and butter in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.Reduce heat to med/low and cover saucepan until quinoa expands and water is absorbed (about 15 minutes).
- While quinoa is cooking, steam broccoli on the stovetop or in the microwave. (To steam broccoi in microwave, place in a shallow dish with 1/4 cup water and heat on high for 1 minute.)
- Toss quinoa with sour cream, cheese, basil and broccoli. Garnish with extra basil and cracked black peppercorns.
- Serve and enjoy!
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites