Saving Summer for Tomorrow!
- Mason Jars - Pint size worked well for me
- 1 1/4 cups white distilled vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups cold water ( I like filtered)
- 1 tablespoon kosher or pickling salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, stems trimmed and strings removed
- Lots of garlic peeled and coursly sliced
- 1 or 2 small dried chile peppers coursly chopped
- In a nonreactive saucepan, heat the vinegar with the salt and sugar until they are dissolved. Remove from the heat, and add the cold water.
- When the vinegar mixture has cooled, drop in the sugar snaps, garlic and chile peppers into a mason jar, and cover with brine.
- Place the jars in the refrigerator. They are ususally ready after about 2 weeks and will last for a couple of months!
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites