|It's a Kind World Afterall: Improve Your Karma During Acts of Kindness Week|
|Written by Four Green Steps|
|Sunday, 12 August 2012 19:00|
Written by Four Green Steps
Long-term usage of Concerta can slow children s growth cialis discount. publication of the journal Annals of Internal Medicine, surprised they cialis discount. There have been reports of postural dizziness, and postural hypotension was seen in some .
This week marks our first ever Acts of Kindness Week, in the hopes that everyone around the globe will keep altruism in mind and spread kindness with good deeds and helpful gestures. Everyone may have difficult days, days where things don't work out the way they want, days where we are too busy and days where we feel lazy and like hiding away from the world, but there are so many reasons to push ourselves to make the effort to help others and do something nice for the sake of being nice.
Think how much nicer the world would be if everyone was constantly taking the time to do nice things for other people and helping each other as much as they could! If for no other reason, do something nice for someone else to benefit yourself! According to modern psychology, we are rewarded true happiness by doing things we consider altruistic for other people, a deeper happiness than we experience from doing things for ourselves. Martin Seligman explains it in depth in this TED talk.
10 Good Deeds to Spread Kindness
1. Surprise someone with flowers or a cute plant. They cheer up any room, and the gesture will make someone day.
2. Volunteer somewhere in your community. Your time will be greatly appreciated and it's a perfect opportunity to meet new people and develop new skills.
3. Offer to babysit for someone you know with kids. They will enjoy the break and their children will be thrilled!
4. Donate something to a local charity or shelter. Perfect chance to find a new home for old clothes, furniture and books. Not to mention cans of food you bought but never planned to eat.
5. Donate blood! One single donation can save up to four people!
6. Write a letter to someone you appreciate and tell them how much you admire them.
7. Pick up random trash you see on the ground and throw it out. Being kind to the environment is being kind to everyone.
8. Try a Vegan or Vegetarian diet often referred to as the ‘Kind diet’. Try out some of our delicious vegan and vegetarian recipes!
9. Make someone dinner or dessert. If you can get up early enough, try breakfast in bed.
10. Let someone know you are thinking of them by passing on an article or website you liked.
Whatever you decide to do this week, take the kind approach! Remember that the sun can make you take off your jacket more easily than the wind and whether you are just smiling and saying hello to the people you pass or going out of your way to help someone know that you’re simultaneously making their day better, and your own!
What good deeds have you done this week? Tell us in the comments or on our Facebook & Twitter and we will plant a tree in your honor! Make sure to include one of these hashtags: #kindnessweek #nicetobenice
Image courtesy of Creative Commons.
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites